httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Woolley <cliffwool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: file/mmap buckets, subrequests, pools, 2.0.18
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 17:33:02 GMT
On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> We finally died back in the main request processing because we
> referenced an mmap bucket whose apr_mmap_t used the same pool as the
> apr_file_t.  The apr_mmap_t had been overlaid because the storage was
> released at the end of the main request and subsequently reused for
> some other purpose.
> Any ideas about what recent changes might have introduced or exposed
> this problem?

Hmmm... ugly.  It seems like a pretty basic design issue to me.  No
changes were made between 2.0.16 and 2.0.18 to the buckets code itself
that would have affected this (there were only three substantive commits
to the buckets code in that time... two by me and one by Jeff... all
unrelated).  If anything really did change in that time that broke this,
it's in Apache.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com