httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" <mohan_gumma...@hp.com>
Subject mod-perl 2.0
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 22:27:25 GMT
This is going to be a simple question for most of you.  I've been trying to
build modperl-2.0 statically (not DSO).  I follow the directions given at
pod/modperl_dev.pod (and trying it for static compilation).  After running
through the successful build process, when I run httpd -l, I do not see
mod_perl.c.

I am trying to see a parallel here between modperl-1.25 and Apache1.3.19
build process, but am not able to concretely see any.  I am having
difficulty understanding how and where I need to tie httpd-2.0 directory
into the Makefile.PL command.

What am I doing wrong?  Please enlighten me.  The steps followed were:

$ cd httpd-2.0

$ ./configure --prefix=/opt/apache2 \
        --enable-so \
        --enable-mods-shared="access auth include mime log_config
negotiation \
                              dir imap actions userdir alias env setenvif
status \
                              autoindex asis cgid auth_anon expires speling
\
                              auth_dbm headers unique_id cern_meta info
usertrack \
                              dav mime_magic vhost_alias dav_fs rewrite \
                              file_cache echo cgi" \
        --disable-auth_digest \
        --disable-auth_db

$ make && make install

$ cd ../modperl-2.0

$ perl Makefile.PL MP_GENERATE_XS=1 MP_APXS=/opt/apache2/bin/apxs

$ make

$ cd ../httpd-2.0

$ make

$ ./httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  threaded.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Mohan Gummalam
SDL, Hewlett-Packard Company,
11000 Wolfe Rd, M/S 42U5, Cupertino, CA 95014
T/(408) 447-1601 | Fax: T/(408)-447-4924