httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Marr <gr...@alum.wpi.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server mpm_common.c
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 21:59:04 GMT
At 05:43 PM 06/08/2001, Ryan wrote:
>Input and output have nothing to do with parent and child
>relationship.  A
>pipe is a uni-directional communication medium.  The parent uses the
>input
>side, because it accepts input.  The child uses the output side,
>because
>it produces output.

This confused the heck out of me for a couple minutes until I figured
out that "it" refers to "side [of the pipe]", not "The parent" and
"The child".

"The parent uses the input side, because [the input side] takes
input.  The child uses the output side, because [the output side]
produces output."

:)

--
Greg Marr