httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: plz vote on tagging current CVS as APACHE_2_0_19
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:59:33 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> The issue of how to deal with restart processes when one thread is stuck
> serving a long-lived request.  That was the major reason for not releasing
> 2.0.18 as a beta AFAICR.  I posted a design that solves the problem, but
> then other issues got in the way of implementing it.  I started the patch
> last Friday, and if I can find a few hours to devote to it, I should have
> a patch this week sometime.

I believe this was the design where I was working to split the scoreboard and
use linked lists to maintain processes and workers vs. Ryan's design of
allowing finer granularity control of process ownership within a fixed block
of workers.

I got side tracked from my patch by my father-in-laws passing away, and some
mod_perl support work. I am now back on this full time. I should have my
patch by the end of this week or early next. Then we can all compare the
two patches.

I'm glad you are back working on this, I was afraid I would have to implement
both sides for arguments sake. :)

On your mark...

--
Paul J. Reder