httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eli Marmor <mar...@netmask.it>
Subject Re: Apache + reverse proxy
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2001 09:19:54 GMT
Erik Barke wrote:

> I'm having a hard time finding info on using Apache as a reverse proxy
> and for load balancing. The software/hardware we're planning to use is
> Red Hat Linux on Intel smp boxes, Apache 3.14, and Resin.
>
> What I need to know is wether apache-rproxy supports sticky sessions or not;
> the web
> applications are heavily relying on them, and modifying the code is
> unfortunately not an option...
>
> If anyone of you guys has had any experience with apache-rproxy or similar,
> please don't hesitate to share your hard-earned knowledge...

An excellent guide about mod_rewrite and reverse proxying, from Ralf
Engelschall, with examples, is included with the standard doc of Apache.

In addition, the slides of his fabulous presentations are included in
his site (http://www.modssl.org), and you may find there examples for
exactly what you are looking for, including load balancing, etc.

--
Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it