httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Harrie Hazewinkel <har...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: New graceful restart mechanism.
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 18:34:55 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> This patch implements the pipe-of-death mechanism that was discussed last
> week.  This only modifies the prefork MPM.  If this patch is accepted,
> then the other MPMs are trivial to modify.  The one thing I didn't do,
> which could easily be done now, is to remove the process_status field from
> the scoreboard.  That field is not used once this patch is applied, and
> can safely be removed.

I have some concerns whether we should not keep the 'status' field.
The reason I have is that management modules, like SNMP, can use
this to determine the state of the processes/threads the Apache
server has.
Or is there another easy way on how to determine whether servers/workers
are busy??

Harrie
--
address: Covalent Technologies, 645 Howard St, San Francisco, CA - 94105
phone: +1-415-536-5221                               fax:+1-415-536-5210