httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: Hooks for management reporting (was RE:New Hook)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:15:03 GMT

no.. not really... what i was thinking was that the scoreboard would do what it currently
does
and update the bytes sent etc

and when someone does a /server-status it would call all the hooks which implement it.

the scoreboard code would implement the hook, so stuff like http://webperf.org/lxr/source.cgi/modules/generators/mod_status.c#L316
would be moved into scoreboard.c and would the hook would output something like
"tu", 129312
"ts", 123123
"tcu", 123123
"tcs", 123
"count" , 123
"bcount", 098

this could be used by mod-status to output a fancy table,
and mod-snmp would convert this to whatever and send it back out.

make sense?