httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Morgan <rmor...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: ap_method_number_of
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 15:20:07 GMT

There has been some work done in the past on this, but it was never finished.

The <Limit> directive supports new method names by placing them into an
extended methods table.  The problem we have is in the access and auth
modules a simple check against a bit mask is made, which will not work for
extended methods since they are all of type M_INVALID.

I think these bit-masks need to be replaced with an ap_method_list_t
structure, which contains the method_mask, and the method_list.  If the
method_mask is M_INVALID, the array is checked.

I have been meaning to work on this, but haven't had the time lately

Ideas anyone?

-Ryan

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 04:04:50AM -0500, Sapan Bhatia wrote:
> Hello,
> 	This is a change I'm making in my little Apache-variant, which I guess could be included
in the actualy server as well...
> This is probably the first of umpteen related problems...
>
> problem:
> 	 There's a function called ap_method_number_of in http_protocol.c. Now, if I need to
add some extra-http functionality outside the http modules, I'd need to add all the methods
in this function itself, which means that I can't make it an independent module...

> soln?
> 	I'm going to keep a global hash table, which 2 new modules, mod_http_methods and mod_myproto_methods
will register all their methods in [at post_config?]. And basically, a corresponding function
[ap_method_number_of] in protocol.c, which'll return the method number...