httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: -DONE_PROCSS / debugging?
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:56:51 GMT
> > See httpd-2.0/.gdbinit in the CVS repository - the "ro" macro does this.
> >
> > FWIW, I'll probably submit a patch soonish to restore the -X
> > functionality.  -- justin
>
> Please don't.  We specifically removed that option.  The goal is to using
> definitions for more stuff.  Please review Dean's posts on this topic over
> the last few years for the reasoning.

I don't think so.  Dean wanted to make it possible for command-line options
to be specific to each MPM.  I think that is a mistake.  I think that -X
should enable a single-worker debuggable server regardless of the MPM.
That isn't the same as -DONE_PROCESS.

I consider the current lack of -X to be a bug.

....Roy