httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Rich Bowen" <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: DocumentRoot must be absolute?
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:28:31 GMT

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001 08:14:53 -0400, Bill Stoddard said:

>  > Is this a documentation bug or a code bug:
>
>  I would say this is a documentation bug. I don't recall ever using a relative document
>  root and it doesn;t sound like a good thing to do either. That's my $.02

OK, well, if that's the official position, we need to change the docs. It seems
useful to me, however. If you want to move your installation somewhere else,
then ServerRoot would be the only thing that would need to change, rather than
having to change a bunch of variables throughout the file.

The person that mentioned this to me was building a custom install of Apache,
and wants to minimize the things that need to get modified by his script.

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go