httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: New graceful restart mechanism.
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2001 17:52:24 GMT
On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 08:06:03AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> Change made, although I still disagree with it.  The problem is that
> instead of having the pod global "local" to the pod code, now the pod
> global is sitting in the MPM.

Yes, but now the MPM can choose what to do with it. I assume that the
complexity you were seeing was due to trying to store and pass around the
pod_ctx. We can choose to do it that way, or choose to use a global. Using
globals within the pod code removes the MPM's choices.

Thanks for making the change, though. I was going to volunteer to make it
after you checked in your patch.

> > But it *is* weird. It isn't a match of "catching" ... any compile should
> > outright barf on an unknown variable. Maybe you were accidentally using a
> > different MPM, thus not compilig prefork with the "uses POD" macro?
>
> I thought of the MPM thing, but that wasn't it.  I don't know what it was,
> but my compile is catching the problems now.  It looks like I needed to do
> a distclean before trying to build for some reason.   :-(

Whacky. But no matter... we've got reviewers and your compiler is working
again :-)

Thanks for the patch... I hope it will increase the MPM's reliability.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/