httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: 2.0.17 not in dist/httpd/
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2001 05:30:19 GMT
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 05:01:26PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 04:51:46PM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> > > The problems that kept 2.0.18 from being released are still in 2.0.19-dev.
> > > Until those are fixed, I don't believe that we are back at beta stage.
> >
> > What are these problems, again?  Are we keeping track of our outstanding
> > bugs in STATUS?  -- justin
>
> The major problem is the bug that can keep the server from restarting
> correctly.  This is in the STATUS file.
>
> Add to that the bug that was reported today with sub requests and buckets,
> and you have a release that is not of the same quality as 2.0.16.

Who says the quality has to keep going up?

2.0.16 is a beta.
2.0.19 would be an alpha.

For the people that may want to try some of the latest and greatest, and can
deal with alpha quality, it will be very helpful for them. People that want
a bit more stability can just stick with the 2.0.16 beta.

I'm mindful of Roy's point in terms of verifying the releases and source
control and whatnot, but I also see no reason to avoid releasing an alpha.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/