httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@ebuilt.com>
Subject Re: 2.0.17 not in dist/httpd/
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2001 23:31:53 GMT
On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 03:53:47PM -0700, Greg Stein wrote:
> Why hasn't the 2.0.17 tarball been moved to the public area as an alpha? For
> that matter, where did 2.0.18 go?
>
> I think the alphas should go to the public site. Sure, they aren't betas,
> but they are certainly a lot newer than the 2.0.16 on the site right now.

I think they were moved out because the signature wasn't verifiable
until Bill returned.  I would prefer to leave them out since neither
one was as good as 16.  If the rwlock stuff is fixed, now would be a
good time for 2.0.19, though I would personally prefer that folks
verify the rest of the stuff on www.apache.org first.

....Roy