httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Nasty chunking bug (in MSIE?) when using ap_rwrite()/ap_rflush()
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:13:51 GMT
I have a module that calls ap_rwrite() followed by ap_rflush().  Content length is not
provided so Apache 2.0 chunks the response.

Here is what happens...
I call ap_rwrite() to write a x75 len byte stream.  All the correct headers are built, and
the content is buffered by the OLD_WRITE filter. Then I call ap_rflush() which causes the
headers to be sent on the wire along with the first chunk (x75 length). My handler is done
at this point and returns control to Apache.  The next thing Apache sends on the wire is
the 0 byte chunk header to indicate that the response is done.

The problem: IE chokes when it receives just the 0 byte chunk header in a packet.

Thoughts?

Bill