httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <>
Subject Re: Hooks for management reporting (was RE:New Hook)
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2001 20:13:13 GMT
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Greg Stein wrote:
> > As Ian pointed out, having mod_status directly read the scoreboard means
> > that we cannot experiment with different scoreboard designs.
> i've been saying the same thing since the beginning of MPM.  the analogy
> between mod_status and /bin/ps is really valid.  reading the scoreboard
> directly is like mucking in /dev/kmem, which all modern unixes have
> ditched in favour of /proc.
> -dean

I did a bit of work a couple of months back to decouple the portion of the scoreboard that
is used for managing the child processes from the statusinfo.  Never quite got to the
point of figuring out how to collect info for mod_status but this is definitely the right
direction to go in.   I agree with Greg, Dean and Ian.

View raw message