httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0 final ?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:38:00 GMT
From: "Danny Karpati" <dkarpati@cisco.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 10:11 AM

> Hi,
>
> can someone estimate when will the stable Apache 2.0 will be released.

Trick question, let me explain...

To when 'stable' will be released, its a new schema.  We are no longer the final
'arbitors' of stable.  That is, when there is a candidate, that version is tagged
as an alpha candidate.  If all of us here can build it, on the myrad platforms, and
it passes basic testing, we call it a beta candidate, and promote it to general
distribution from www.apache.org/dist/httpd/.

The input on 'release' will be made by the ensuing bug reports and users.  There are
a small handful of problems we are debating and closing now that impact stability.
Once those issues are all addressed over the next week or so, 2.0.19 will be tagged,
likely promoted to beta, and we will start collecting feedback through bugs.  .19
might evolve to the final, more likely it will take one more round, or 2.0.20, to
catch significant new issues that users find out in the field.