httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <trawi...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: DSO for httpd2.0
Date Tue, 01 May 2001 11:28:28 GMT
"GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-PaloAlto,ex1)" <mohan_gummalam@hp.com> writes:

> Hello:  Looks like DSO is not working quite well on HP-UX 11.0.  After "make
> install" is complete, when I run "/opt/apache2/bin/apachectl start",
> I get:

When I got to this point a couple of months ago I figured that my next
step would be to compare the compile/link options used with the apache
1.3 build with those used with the apache 2.0 build and see if that
was part of the problem.  Alas, I have not found the time.

To see flags added by libtool you need to disable the libtool option
"--silent" which is specified in (at least)

./srclib/apr/build/rules.mk:LTFLAGS = --silent
./srclib/apr-util/build/rules.mk:LTFLAGS = --silent
./config_vars.mk:LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool --silent
./config_vars.mk:SH_LIBTOOL = $(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/shlibtool --silent

(all filenames relative to httpd-2.0)

That is the only idea I have...

(well, there is one stupid idea...  see if the .so files are marked
executable...  we got a bug report recently against 1.3 stating that
we had an HP binary build where the .so files weren't executable and
wouldn't load...  I haven't re-done a 2.0 dso build to look at the
permissions on the .so files...)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...