httpd-dev mailing list archives

From James Sutherland <ja...@cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Is this an Apache 1.3 bug or a config problem?
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 07:56:24 GMT
On Tue, 15 May 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

Suggestion: add a second, optional, argument to Listen which is the "real"
port this represents - I could have two (or more) "public" port numbers,
each with accelerators/load balancers/whatever proxying onto other port
numbers.

e.g. 80 -> 1080 (main WWW site)
   8080 -> 1081 (some other application)

etc. The current Port/Listen split doesn't seem to allow this in an
obvious way?

James.
--
"Our attitude with TCP/IP is, `Hey, we'll do it, but don't make a big
system, because we can't fix it if it breaks -- nobody can.'"

"TCP/IP is OK if you've got a little informal club, and it doesn't make
any difference if it takes a while to fix it."
		-- Ken Olson, in Digital News, 1988