httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ask Bjoern Hansen <...@valueclick.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] Apache 1.3.20 Released (fwd)
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 08:33:31 GMT
On Fri, 25 May 2001, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> > > Any odditity appears to be header munging from apmail on our side.  This list
> > > is perhaps a good place for the stripping the reply-to munging.
> >
> > Hmm; maybe it was a second announcement message that got bounced back in a
> > weird way.  I'll check it out later.
>
> Yes, that is the case.  The one that went out (and I approved) had a From
> line of William A. Rowe, Jr.  We have received many bounce-backs since
> then, but I don't think any of them went back out.

I think I said it before, but if the sender uses a special address
for the From: line, then it's trivial to get all the braindead
bounces[1] to go to a special mailbox and it shouldn't be quite as
much work to clean it up as it is now.

The easiest (for Bill for example) would be to use
wrowe-apannounce@daedelus.apache.org and then do something like
`echo /home/wrowe/mail/announce-bounce > .qmail-apannounce`.

 - ask

[1] Any half decent MTA will already do the right thing (bounce
    to the sender addressand ezmlm will take care of it.

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/   !try; do();
more than 100M impressions per day, http://valueclick.com