httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 16:23:38 GMT
On Fri, 18 May 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > Installing a filter that deals strictly with body data can be done during
> > the insert_filter phase.  This is where output filters are commonly
> > inserted into the chain.  Since this is always called before the handler
> > phase, we are alright.
>
> This doesn't work - the filter is inserted, but it never runs.
>
> > This logically makes sense, because modules that
> > handle request body data do so by calling ap_get_client_block in the
> > handler phase.  So, as long as the input filter is inserted before the
> > handler is called everything is okay.
> >
> > Exactly what are you trying to do, and how is it not working?
>
> If you use ap_add_input_filter() inside the ap_hook_insert_filter() hook
> the filter doesn't run ever.

If it isn't running, then try changing the filter type.  The general
problem is how we order filters.  I am 99.9% sure that the way we link
request_filters with connection_filters is just plain wrong, but I haven't
had time to really look at it yet.  I would bet that the problem you are
having, is that you are installing the filter, and it is just getting
skipped because of how we link the filters together.

What kind of filter are you inserting?  can you send me the
ap_add_input_filter line?  I'll take a look and fix the problem.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131