httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Question about Apache Initialization
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 04:08:45 GMT

Yes, there is.  The problem, is that we have to setup some basic
information before we can actually run through the setup.  For example, we
have to actually have the error log from the config file before we
actually start the server.  The goal is to read the config file once, and
walk it twice, but that hasn't happened yet.  Victor Orlikowski had the
idea of weighting config directives, but I don't know where he is with
that yet.

Ryan

On Mon, 7 May 2001, Christian Gross wrote:

> Hi
>
> I was looking at the source code and I noticed that in the
> initialization of Apache (main.c) the configuration tree is read in
> multiple times.  And the configuration directives are executed
> multiple times.  Is there a specific reason why?
>
> Christian Gross

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131