httpd-dev mailing list archives

From <...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/threaded threaded.c
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 14:46:36 GMT
On Wed, 2 May 2001, Bill Stoddard wrote:

> MaxRequestsPerChild == 0 means that a connection can stay up and serve requests indefinitely.
> Setting it to INT_MAX puts an upper bound (a very large upper bound) on the number of
requests that
> can be served on a connection.   I doubt this is of practical concern though. My main
concern... is
> this patch portable? Is INT_MAX defined everywhere consistently?

Wait a second, our user configured the server so that the child process
never terminates.  That's what our docs say that directive does.  This
says, well, we just take a really long time to terminate.  Either the
patch needs to be backed out, or the docs need to change.  I personally
would rather keep the 0 meaning the child process never dies.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131