httpd-dev mailing list archives

From sterling <sterl...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: HTTP_HEADER filter not getting added until 'insert filters' phase
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 23:19:25 GMT
On Tue, 29 May 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:

> sterling wrote:
...snip...
> > sent out when there is an error) I noticed that the HTTP_HEADER filter is
> > now added in the insert filters phase, which is too late because if there
> > is an error in anything from auth to fixups the header filter is not added
> > and hence is never called.
>
> This is a bit of a catch 22 - the headers filter needs to be last in the
> HEADERS phase, but if what you're saying is true then HEADERS needs to
> be first as well.

What do you mean by HEADERS phase?  I guess I don't know enough about the
ordering requirements of the filters.

What i did to temporarily fix the problem in my tree was add the
add_output_filter("HTTP_HEADER"...) et. al. to the end of ap_die - this
way, even if the request dies before the insert_filters phase we can be
certain the headers filter is added.

that seems kinda kludgy though....

thanks for the response -
sterling