httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: gcc -g -O2 ==> gdb stepping problems [Was: gdb & mod_perl-2.0?]
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 03:19:37 GMT
On Thu, 10 May 2001, barries wrote:

> [cross-posting to new-httpd, since that's the more appropriate forum]
>
> Background: I had trouble single-stepping through the routine defined by
>
>    AP_IMPLEMENT_HOOK_RUN_ALL(int,pre_connection,(conn_rec *c),(c),OK,DECLINED)

seems like the rest of your message missing?  i suspect you're having
trouble because you will not see the code normally expanded by cpp when
debugging with gdb.  the only work around i know of is to run the file
through gcc -E to get the expanded output, paste the expanded macro into
the .c file in place of the macro call and recompile.