httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Eko Bono S" <ekob...@hotmail.com>
Subject Sequence of request phase
Date Sun, 27 May 2001 08:57:57 GMT
Sorry if this is not the right place to ask my question. I dont have any
clue about another mailing list I will send my question.

It is regarding to the sequence of request phase, especially authentication
phase. In the most documentation like "Apache API notes", there is said the
sequence like following:
- Auth ID checking [is the user who they say they are?]
- Auth access checking [is the user authorized here?]
- Access checking other than auth

But in the example of mod_example I have noticed there is different sequence
like follow:
- example_access_checker()
- example_check_user_id()
- example_auth_checker()

Also the access checking come first than the other. Which is really correct
of both?

I will appreciate any answer .

TIA

Eko