httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: HTTP_HEADER filter not getting added until 'insert filters' phase
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 22:06:19 GMT
sterling wrote:

> After debugging the problem that doug brought up (headers are not getting
> sent out when there is an error) I noticed that the HTTP_HEADER filter is
> now added in the insert filters phase, which is too late because if there
> is an error in anything from auth to fixups the header filter is not added
> and hence is never called.

This is a bit of a catch 22 - the headers filter needs to be last in the
HEADERS phase, but if what you're saying is true then HEADERS needs to
be first as well.

Is the solution then not to add an *_MIDDLE and *_LAST parameter to
filters the same as we have for hooks, so that a filter can be added at
the right time, but inserted in at the correct phase?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street