httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 19:06:17 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:

> > I posted a patch to fix this.
>
> Moving the insertion of those filters to the insert_filters hook is the
> right thing to do! Don't get me wrong.

Cool - I'll commit the change later tonight when I have some time...

> I was trying to point out that we've got a lot of flexibility in how the
> filters are inserted, and how to get them ordered.

Ok.

> Using AP_FTYPE_HTTP_HEADER-1 will put your filter "before" *all*
> AP_FTYPE_HTTP_HEADER filters. No matter *when* you end up calling "add
> filter".

The trouble is that mod_header wants to run as late as possible,
allowing the user to override as much as possible (within the limit of
what is a good idea). It really wants to run second last, before
HTTP_HEADERS but after everything else.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon