httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 23:09:09 GMT
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> So this filter doesn't need to do anything if there is not body data?  If
> there is no body data, then the filters will never be called.
> > The input filter needs to run after the headers are read in and put in
> > r->headers, but before the content generator runs.
>
> Use fixups, that is what it is there for.

Ok - fixups have sorted out the HeadersIn issue, but this problem has
bitten the HeadersOut directive.

If the result of the request returns a body, then HeaderOut works great.
If however the result is 304 Not Modified, there is no body, and the
output filter never runs and we're back to the same problem we had with
the input filters.

So the question is - which hook should be called to fiddle with the
headers after the content generator runs, but before the headers are
sent to the network, whether a body exists or not...?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street