httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Tagging Apache 2.0 for beta candidate
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 21:22:34 GMT
Bill Stoddard wrote:

> Third, we have not decided the best way to
> distribute the proxy. It has been discussed at length but I don;t recall a
> final decision (I really have no opinions on whether the proxy is included
> in the httpd-2.0 tree or not).  It is not a big deal to roll the proxy
> tarball and make it available to work with 2.0.18. We can include it next
> time around.  Finally, unless I am mistaken, Chuck believes there are still
> showstopper problems with the proxy and it is not a beta candidate (the
> Akamai problems).

The Akamai problems are solved for me, but not for Chuck - the only way
to know for sure what is going on is to get proxy out there and get a
third opinion.

When are we going to release a decision on mod_proxy?

Options so far are:

1) Integrate it back into httpd. It's simple, it works, and it's got a
whole bunch of +1's.

2) Proxy people place latest stable version in httpd-proxy/stable.
Apache RM pulls in latest version and places it in
httpd-2.0/modules/proxy during the roll process.

Let's get a final decision on this - 1) or 2)?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street