httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Scoreboard redesign
Date Thu, 17 May 2001 16:47:50 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Paul J. Reder wrote:
> >
> > Yes, restarts would be problematic for the time being. This means that we
> > either don't save the memory for now, or we save memory but don't allow
> > mod_status to be added in during a restart.
> >

> re: not allowing mod_status to be added. Super Ugg. AFAIK no other
> module would be so constrained :(

Yes, I see that option 2 is unreasonable. But option 1 works until we
can iron out the shmem stuff. This is not a major point in the design,
just a side effect. It is also not one of the problems being solved and so
should not impact whether people veto the work. If we don't save memory then
we are continuing to operate as we do now, no big deal. The redesign is not
to save memory, it is to allow mpms to operate reasonably when
max_requests_per_child is set to anything other than 0.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein