httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul J. Reder" <rede...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Scoreboard redesign
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 14:21:01 GMT

rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> How does that work if mod_status is later enabled by modifying the config
> file?  Won't it all of a sudden break?

Yes, restarts would be problematic for the time being. This means that we
either don't save the memory for now, or we save memory but don't allow
mod_status to be added in during a restart.

I hope that in the long run we will find a shared memory solution to this
problem so that we can allocate chunks of shared memory later if required.

--
Paul J. Reder
-- Albert Einstein