httpd-dev mailing list archives

From frank.scha...@setuza.cz
Subject Changing a server certificate
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 07:41:02 GMT

Hi there,

I've some problems activating a server cerificate for my apache WEB
server.

For test purposes we used a self signed certificate for our SSL virtual
host (using ``make certificate; make install''. But now we retrieved a
certificate from a common CA.

My question:
How do I activate this certificate? It doesn't seem to work, if I only
copy this cert to /etc/apache/ssl.crt/CA.crt, and the appropriate
private key to /etc/apache/ssl.key/CA.key, and to reflect these changes
in /etc/apache/httpd.conf.
There is a Makefile in every directory /etc/apache/ssl.*. Will I have to

handle with one of these?
Oh, and of course it would be fine to have some info about such a task
in the docs (at least in /etc/apache/ssl.*/README.*).

We have further plans to have different virtual hosts with different
certtificates.
How can I achieve THIS???

Thanks in advance
Frank