httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: Apache rollup tree
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 22:05:00 GMT
Chuck Murcko wrote:

> OK, but we still need to maintain the old releases somehow other than as
> CVS tags, no? I.e.; where does the packaged 1.3.19 proxy distribution go
> when we move on to 1.3.20?

Not necessarily - if you're looking for the version shipped with
apache-1.3.19, just look in the apache-1.3.19.tar.gz archive.

> The stable subdirectory is actually supposed to be the same release
> number the httpd distrib is cut with, to allow scripting the work. So
> the directories only get created with a new release. When 2.0.18 proxy
> releases, you make the 2.0.19 dirs and drop code there. Some other
> naming rule might work better.
>
> The subproject people could get a serial "token" from the release
> manager and pass this among themselves while they integrate, and last
> subproject guy hands it back to the RM saying "this is a rollup release
> candidate".
>
> We can specify a time (24-48 hours? Less?) to complete each subproject
> integration to keep the process moving along.

The trouble is that doing this will probably take too long - it means
that too many people are trying to coordinate things, which leaves too
much room for things to go wrong.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon