httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Holsman <I...@cnet.com>
Subject RE: mod_headers
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 14:50:53 GMT
Hi Bill.

What I need to do with mod-proxy is have a method of communicating
server notes set from mod-include (or wherever) into the request header
going to the application server, and also setting notes based on the proxy
response.

so I have 3 options (as I can see):
* modify mod_proxy so that it has the feature I need
* write specific hook(s) so that I can call another module
* do it via filter(s)

The discussion on the proxy list was that filters was the best design,
and freed the module writer from doing a lot of proxy specific work

To get myself going, I wrote (its floating in the modproxy-dev mailing list)
which implements the hooks