httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: [STATUS] mod_ssl for Apache 2.0
Date Fri, 25 May 2001 19:53:37 GMT

In article <20010525113409.W5402@lyra.org> you wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:41:53PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>
>> Just for your information: mod_ssl was imported to
>> httpd-2.0/modules/ssl/ recently. I've also started to port the code to
>> Apache 2.0 and half of the job is already done. Unfortunately the last
>> three weeks I was too busy with my regular job tasks and now I'm on
>> holiday in Italy for two weeks with my family. So, work on mod_ssl for
>> Apache 2.0 has to be delayed at least for two more weeks. Sorry for this
>> in case you expected the port to happen faster.
>
> Can you put a short list of the remaining items that you had in mind, into
> the STATUS file? That would mean that other people could do some of the
> work, rather than having the group blocked by a single person.

Ok, no problem, I'll summarize it in STATUS tomorrow. Already in
advance: I currently do not know how to create a global structure which
survives even server restarts (I need it to store certificates, etc). In
Apache 1.3 I used a global pool I allocated myself. Is this still valid
for Apache 2.0 or is there a new mechanism for this?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com