httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 01:34:32 GMT
On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 11:44:29AM -0700, rbb@covalent.net wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:
> > How about a new hook for adding AP_FTYPE_HTTP_HEADER filters?

We've already got flexibility out the wazoo... another hook won't help.

> IMO, this should be fixed by adding the three filters above in a
> core_insert_filter phase.  Then, mod_headers can easily be run before the
> core's insert_fitler phase.  Problem solved.

Let's not forget that we have *two* mechanisms for sorting.

1) the ordering of the insert_filter hook
2) the ordering based on filter type

If filter types are equal, then order is dependent upon insertion, which
falls back to the insert_filter ordering.

So... you can correct your filtering ordering by adjusting its type and
inserting it whenever, or you can have the same type as the core filters and
just make yourself run before the core filters.

I'd say make your insert_filter hook APR_HOOK_MIDDLE and use
AP_FTYPE_HTTP_HEADER - 1 for the type. Then it will run just before the
HTTP_HEADER filters.

Cheers,
-g

--