httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Sat, 19 May 2001 00:43:38 GMT
On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 01:09:09AM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> If the result of the request returns a body, then HeaderOut works great.
> If however the result is 304 Not Modified, there is no body, and the
> output filter never runs and we're back to the same problem we had with
> the input filters.
> So the question is - which hook should be called to fiddle with the
> headers after the content generator runs, but before the headers are
> sent to the network, whether a body exists or not...?

The output filters should *always* run, if at least to send an EOS bucket.
That EOS is actually what triggers the delivery of the headers to the
network (or at least to the CORE filter for output buffering into the next

So if you're not seeing output filters run, then a bug exists.

(IOW: theory says you're doing the right thing)

Greg Stein,

View raw message