httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Tagging Apache 2.0 for beta candidate
Date Sat, 19 May 2001 00:31:59 GMT
On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 05:15:59PM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> [...]

Makes me happy. I think that is the way that we should always do it.

(assuming that when you tagged mod_proxy, you knew that the APACHE_2_0_18
 tag corresponded to a mod_proxy that actually works with httpd-2.0.18; that
 is a necessary precondition to tagging)

> If that package isn't up to snuff, then we release the non-proxy tarball as the
> beta, instead.  And ITMT figure out how to release a single tarball easily.

Right. We have a beta that people can use and test. The point is to get this
stuff out to users. It would be great to have more features, but we can't
keep waiting for each person's feature to be completed before we send it out
the door. We need to be able to send intermediates out.

> Since FirstBill has limited time, it's not too much to ask this of proxy folk,
> who are more ready to assure the package builds.

Um. I seem to recall a note saying that has has *no* time now.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/