httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Scoreboard redesign
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 21:49:03 GMT
Greg Ames wrote:

> Ian Holsman wrote:

> > Don't we have a 'generation' number on each process?
>
> yep.

That ain't the problem. During this time we would need to keep
the memory for the old scoreboard viable, as well as pointers to
it, while creating a newer larger scoreboard and then having the
parent process also "know" about this new area, and pointers to
it. So we'd need some sort of scoreboard scoreboard for the
parent process, since the parent process will need to
continue to control/monitor both generations. Each generation
will have it's own, distinct scoreboard, which adds a lot of
complexity IMO.
          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."