httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Proposed Code Freeze for 1.3.20
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 14:05:28 GMT
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Let's drop the word freeze from our vocabulary, and use the phrase
> feature-freeze so we stop having this silly discussion.  We aren't agreed on
> how to fork the code for maintenance, and until we come to a concensus, we
> need to continue on the old way of doing things.

Of course, last-minute "bug fixes" have also resulted in problems
that have required re-releases in short order. So yeah, maybe "freeze"
isn't a good term, but generally what we mean is "we plan on
tagging and rolling soon and want to reduce the risk of
problems on the present code tree so we would really like
it if no new features are added and bug fixes be as risk-free
as possible". :)
          "Hell is hot, that's never been disputed by anybody."