httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: input filtering (was: cvs commit: ....)
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 18:54:45 GMT
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 02:02:18PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > I need to ponder a bit on the exact form of (2), but I'm thinking this is
> > the point to merge HTTP_IN and DECHUNK (as we discussed at Hackathon); the
> > combined filter would also perform task (2).
>
> The proxy_http module uses the DECHUNK filter - but only because it has
> code to detect whether the transfer encoding was chunked on incoming
> data and add it if necessary.
>
> If the HTTP_IN filter can worry about DECHUNK automatically then we can
> rip the logic out of proxy.

Yes, I imagine the DECHUNK goes away in favor of HTTP_IN. The HTTP_IN filter
then gets placed at the correct point in the filter stack:

    Connection Filters:    CORE_IN

                           [ TLS ]

                         user filters

                  < this is c->input_filters >

    Request Filters:       HTTP_IN

                         user filters

                  < this is r->input_filters >

                      ap_get_client_block

I don't think we have any other input filters at the moment.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/