httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Winstead <j...@trainedmonkey.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Protocol question
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 06:30:55 GMT
On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 06:27:49AM +0100, James Sutherland wrote:
> Particularly if the thin client is intended to be used with their own ISP
> only, talking via their proxy server? They are clearly violating the RFC
> here, but it may not matter in this case - for that matter, it could even
> be deliberate? (Unlikely, I suspect, but possible...)

i would assume it is deliberate. that doesn't mean they can claim
that their client supports http/1.0 when it doesn't.

they can certainly claim it supports a subset of http/1.0. or a
protocol that is kind-of-but-not-quite-http/1.0. but someone (hi
roy) bothered to write down the standard for a reason. :)

jim