httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Apache rollup tree
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 07:45:29 GMT
Ah. I think I understand where you're going. There are two RMs:

1) the httpd RM (releasing the bare bones httpd)
2) the "rollup" RM (releasing httpd + many modules)

At the moment, RM2 only yanks in mod_proxy.

That feels good to me. RM1 has the largest piece of code, with the scariest
amount of "is this crap stable?" questions to handle. RM2 doesn't have to
deal with that bulk, but just with the (independent) modules that are
getting rolled up. And presumably, by the time RM2 starts, each of the
subprojects have performed their own integration testing and bugfixing
against RM1's release (and they could continue their work after dropping off
a "proxy for httpd 2.0.23" tag in their tree).

And one day, RM2 goes away because we have a CPAN-like thing.

Presuming I haven't misunderstood, that sounds great. (it was hard to tell
what was the end goal thru that long thread...)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/