httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: Apache rollup tree
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 23:32:53 GMT
Are you guys talking about the httpd RM? Or the proxy RM?

This is a huge burden on the httpd RM. Today, anybody can pop out a release
in pretty short order. With all of the legwork you guys seem to be adding to
the httpd RM, I can't see that as being possible any more.

Can we *please* reconsider the httpd RM drops a release to dist/httpd/. The
proxy RM verifies stability and drops a release to dist/proxy/.

Each RM knows *their* code and how to ensure *their* code is stable. I don't
think it is workable to have the httpd RM need to know the stability of the
proxy code.

Cheers,
-g

--