httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <ad...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 1.3 cvs ab ssl fooness
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 16:17:00 GMT
From: "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <dirkx@covalent.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 4:05 PM

> > Can't we just back up to the prior level of ab?  It was a big
> > distraction once the new function was committed to 2.0 to actually get
> > it to compile properly and stop dumping core.  Obviously nobody has
> > had the time/inclination yet to do the same stuff with 1.3 ab.
>
> Things are badly out of sync with the code I have here; I'll take full
> responsiblity and clean this up. I just checked out a fresh copy of CVS
> and will do a line by line check until it is correct. It is even more
> galling as the ab version has been used internally for more than 8 months
> on a daily basis; it is just that the merge into apache was done badly by
> me. I apologize,

I've backed out the ab showstopper from STATUS, Announcement and src/CHANGES
log for now.

Tagged support/ Makefile.tmpl 1.31, ab.c 1.45, ab.8 1.11, README 1.2
which are the versions prior to dirk's and others' contributions, so that
history will be retained, and work can progress now that this tree is rolled.

I'll reintroduce the trimmed STATUS and src/CHANGES notes as soon as cvs's
email catches up.

Bill