httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Scoreboard redesign
Date Tue, 15 May 2001 14:17:31 GMT
> 2. Add in code to update the data structure linkages (next pointers).
>    This would still use the existing algorithms for using indexes into
>    the allocated array and would still expect contiguous space. But the
>    beginnings of the linked lists would be established.
> 3. Finish changing the code to remove any contiguous space requirements.
>    All linked list work and use of worker_score pointers would be
>    implemented here. This is the first big step.

This is not going to accomplish what we want (at least I don;t see it). If
the parent allocates shared storage after the children have been forked, the
pointers to this shared storage area are not necessarily the same across the
child processes.  In other words, if the parent allocates shared storage,
the pointer to that storage will not be the same value across the child
processes. Dean pointed this out on the apr-dev list.

Bill