httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: ab/htpasswd
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 13:27:22 GMT
From: "Dirk-Willem van Gulik" <dirkx@covalent.net>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 1:12 AM

> This fixes all warnings and bugs I know of on FreeBSD/MacOSX. Still
> checking on Solaris; whilst trying to find out if we are in a freeze -
> slow going - am traveling myself (it is cold, and here is thunder,
> lightning and rain in Chicago - and the network drops 20% of my packets).
> I'd hate for something as axuilary as this to cause a re-tag/re-roll.

Of course... I'd apply, but it doesn't go in cleanly, please feel free once
you have landed.  The 'freeze' as Roy points out _never_ applies to
fixing bugs, only introducing new ones :-)  Seriously, it's not the time to
suddenly decide these five new features look really good, but it is the time
to clear your tree of those bug fixes you've been building with (including
these ab patches, fixes for isnan/isfnf, etc.)

> Meanwhile; fred: Could it be that on MaxOS X; that sizeof() returns an
> long - and not an int ? (And is this intentional?)
>
> I am wondering if I should 'fix' things like
>
> "Password too long (must be < %d)",sizeof(buff)-1,...
> "Password too long (must be < %d)",(int)sizeof(buff)-1,...
>
> or that this is a while elefant which will get fixed differently.

2.0 is easily APR_SIZEOF_T_FMT but on 1.3?  Your solution looks appropriate
to me, if you care to patch.

Bill