httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 19:51:43 GMT

> rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> > > What about mod_tls?
> >
> > Mod_tls should check the port in the pre_connection phase, and add the
tls
> > filter if the port is an SSL enabled virtual host.
>
> I know. That was my point!

What was your point? Guess I didn't get it. One question though... How do
you know if "the port is an SSL enabled virtual host" (your words not mine)?
Seems the best you can do is to know that the port  is an SSL port (via a
server wide config) You cannot know in the pre_config hook which VH the
request belongs to.

Bill