httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Stoddard" <b...@wstoddard.com>
Subject Re: Allowing modules to add input filters is broken
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 00:39:57 GMT
> > What was your point? Guess I didn't get it. One question though... How do
> > you know if "the port is an SSL enabled virtual host" (your words not mine)?
> > Seems the best you can do is to know that the port  is an SSL port (via a
> > server wide config) You cannot know in the pre_config hook which VH the
> > request belongs to.
>
> SSL is only a namebased virtual host feature.  Based on which port the
> connection came in on, you can use that in the pre-connection phase.

I still don't understand what name based virtual hosting has to do with SSL.  You can know
at global
server scope whether a port/ip pair is SSL or not and you install mod_tls appropriately.
Maybe I am
being dense or you are really meaning ip-based host rather than name based (i.e., the Host:
header)
virtual hosting.

Bill