httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Pepper <pep...@mail.reppep.com>
Subject Re: Web archival of mailing lists
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2001 01:19:28 GMT
>You may see mod_mbox in action at:
>
>http://www.apachelabs.org/

Justin,

	Looks cool. Number-one nit: can you make the backgrounds white?

>The other key functionality is the threading algorithm.  I based
>my threading implementation off of Jamie Zawinski's mail threading
>algorithms (he wrote the original versions of Netscape Mail - see
>http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html).  His key point was not to
>store the threading tree in the database, but generate the tree on
>the fly.  It has proved to be very efficient and highly accurate.

	Also, I think mod_mbox could be immediately useful with
forward/backward/thread-listing arrows on every message. This is
non-trivial, but otherwise mod_mbox looks great.

						Thanks,

						Chris Pepper
--
Chris Pepper:                   <http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/>